Friday, April 30, 2010

This Little Piggy Made My Day...


Considering I really don't have a high tolerance for drama from others, I sure can be dramatic myself. I hate that. (I tell my kids "hate" is a very strong word and I'm using it here because I really do hate when I am such a hypocrite.)


This morning I woke up feeling all sorts of anxiety about what might be 'wrong' with baby *M*. You see, I woke up with one of the possibilities screaming in my brain and it kind of got the best of me. Unfortunately, the might was the one part whispering. I hate that too. The Husband knows I'm like this, hence his warning to "stay away from Google." I mean no disrespect to Google, but sometimes it's better to not know things. ;)


Anyway...I was a big old funky, tearful mess this morning. And wouldn't you know it? Those other beautiful blessing I have..I wasn't so much looking at them as blessings...because their chatter and breakfast and "stuff" was preventing me from retreating into my own head where all my drama was hanging out.


Then the not-quite-3 yo held up his feet to me and said, "Do piggies! Do piggies!" And while "this little piggy went to market and this little piggy stayed home and all the way through the little piggy that went wee wee weee all the way home" he laughed from deep down in his belly..and I smiled and remembered the blessings I have right now, even when they chatter endlessly and bicker and cannot decide on what they want for breakfast.


After the older boys went off to school the Husband listened to all my "what ifs". He reminded me that each day is a gift. We have a choice about how we face each day and we can face it in love or in fear.


So today, I am not going to hang out with my drama...instead I will choose to count my Blessings and maybe we'll "Do piggies!" a few more times.


-Peace

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you were able to embrace the blessings you've got and that prevented you from retreating into your head. I like how you put that, where all the drama hangs out! Still praying for you and yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there Mama, the Good Lord will get us through and plus who doesn't love little piggies?

    ReplyDelete