Sunday, April 11, 2010

THE List...

Last week I wrote about lists and how I don't have a "Bucket List".

It's something I've been thinking about. It bothers me that it's so difficult for me to come up with my own list of things I'd like to accomplish before I die. Part of my trouble is that I want them to be my things, not things I want to do with the Husband or the kids. I also want them to be remotely attainable but not things I've already done..no crossing off as I write the list. :)

So far I have two things that I'd like to do. Both are things I've been dreaming of doing for a long time.

1. I'd like to write and publish (the "getting published" part would be sweet) a mystery. I've started more than once. I have the plot worked out in my head. I seem to be lacking confidence and follow-through. I just need to sit down and do it. I seem to struggle with finding time when I have quiet and am still capable of thinking clearly and creatively (as in I'm not exhausted.)

2. I would like to run a marathon. This is a doozy. I am not exactly an exercise junky. I don't like it at all. I've never been a runner but this is something I've wanted to do for several years. This morning there was a 5K Run for the Night People. Several people from church participated. I turned to the Husband after we prayed for them and said, "Next year, I want to do that." I do want to do it. I think it's a doable start on my goal to run a marathon. I know that I will need to start training after this little one is born. And of course I will get the all clear from my Dr. before I start on this journey...because I'd rather not have this item on my list be the last thing I accomplish, if you know what I mean. Not to be morbid, just recognizing I'm not in top condition, or even medium condition. :P

So, right now I have a very short list. But, these are things that I really would like to do, just because I want the satisfaction of completing the tasks. Hopefully, I will follow through and maybe add a few more things to my list.

-Peace

1 comment:

  1. I think you'd be a great mystery writer. You are so observant and can translate those details into writing so very well.

    I'm going to keep cheering you on to work towards these!

    ReplyDelete