Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Thank You, Husband.

Today is the day I leave for MOPS Convention.  I sit at the counter typing away instead of ironing (pointless before packing you might say, but I can't help it) and packing.

I will return home Sunday evening.  The Husband will be flying solo for the better part of 5 days and I am not worried, not one bit.  He is well-equipped to herd cats parent our 6 kids without me around.  They will be well-fed, bathed, in clean clothes, properly supervised and entertained while I am away.  The house may even be in better shape on Sunday than when I leave today.

So, today, I publicly thank the Husband for being a great parent and spouse and life partner.  He shares the daily grind and doesn't flinch.  (Well everybody flinches a little, right?  Otherwise, you're just foolish.)  I am so thankful that he encouraged me to go to convention.  I am thankful for all he does as a father and a husband and I don't say it nearly often enough.  Thanks, Hubs, for being the man you are and for modeling what a husband and father should be to our kids.

Gracious Lord, as the ultimate Father, thank You for your guidance and your model of love and care.  In each day, may we strive to be more like you as we walk on this earth.  Thank you, God, for blessing me with a great husband and father for our kids.  I could not be the mother I am with him or without You.



-Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment