Monday, August 8, 2011

Home Again, Home Again Jiggety Jig!

Or the long, long ride back home.  Thank goodness for wonderful roadtrip buddies.  5 women, 1 minivan, heavy traffic and a detour could have been ugly.  Very, very ugly.  Instead, we kept laughing even when "Nasty Nancy" kept pushing back our arrival time thanks to road construction, fair traffic and rain. 

When we were travelling the road less travelled, also known as the road that went around the construction and traffic jam, we experienced a little history. 


    Here we are at Abraham Lincoln's Birthplace.

I am changed.  Plain and simple.  I feel amazingly blessed by this experience and by the women with whom I shared it.  I learned so much about them, from things they said and just from being in their presence.  I learned about myself, too. 

The first evening of convention, Sara Groves sang a song called, "Twice as Good". 

When I am down and need to cry till morning

I know just where I am going
when I'm in need of sweet commiseration
to speak out loud

Raise a glass to friendship and to knowing
you don't have to go alone
we'll raise our hearts to share each others burdens
on this road

With every burden I have carried
with every joy it's understood
life with you is half as hard
and twice as good


With my good news you're dancing on the table
babies born to celebration
the joy of life oh what a sweet communion
shared with you


I know we're growing older
can you imagine what that will bring
it's all a mystery to me now
but this one thing
will be half as hard, and twice as good.

This is what MOPS has given me.  (And I cannot leave out some dear sweet friends who I am blessed to know), my Sisterchick (You know who you are!), and my Sistah's (a shout out to my KKGs, one of whom I saw this weekend!  Small world,) and lots of other women who have made my life amazing just by being a part of it.

Now I am home and hanging with the amazing Husband and tremendous kids and I know I am a better wife and mom (or at least I will try to be) because of the gift that was this weekend. 

Praying that each of you have the gift of amazing people to lift you up, support you, pray for you, laugh with you and cry with you. 

-Peace



No comments:

Post a Comment