Sunday, January 1, 2012

My 2012 Theme..



This morning I decided that this song, "Do Everything" by Steven Curtis Chapman, should be my theme song for 2012.

If I do this, do everything I do for the glory of the One who made me...I will be on the right track, or at least heading in a better direction.

I started off the new year with a new One Year Bible and the plan to read it every day.  I like that it has readings from the Old Testament, New testament, Proverbs, and Psalm each day.  I like that I haven't missed a day yet.

I have been reading online about different schedules people follow to get their lives organized.  I need that.  It will help me stop feeling like I'm in crisis mode all the time.  I do laundry every day and dishes (well, the Husband does most of the dishes), but there are other chores I don't do frequently enough and I waste a lot of time that could be better spent so I need to get my act together.

My goals for the coming year are to stay on track with the One Year Bible, to do the treadmill daily (fell off that wagon), get the house more organized through schedules and planning and to just see the gifts in each day.

One of those gifts is connecting with you here.  I hope to write more and to here from you more. (I love feedback and I love hearing your perspective, too.)  I hope to write more on some other projects, too which is one of the reasons I need to become a better manager of the 24 hours I am given each day.

More than anything, I hope to do everything I do to please God.  It really isn't complicated but it can be difficult to recognize that what I want may not be pleasing to Him nor is it truly beneficial to me or anyone else in the long run.  What we do, in the little and big things, really does matter.  We touch so many people and we don't even realize our impact.  I pray that I make more positive impacts than negative.

I pray that 2012 is full of gifts and opportunities and blessings for you and me and all of us.  May we love each other as He loves us.

"..Do everything you do for the glory of the One who made you, cuz He made you to do every little thing that you do to bring a smile to his face, tell the story of grace with every move that you make.."

-Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment