Thursday, May 6, 2010

Today I'm...All Over the Place.

Today...I'm wondering...why every time I do "pay-at-the-pump" at the gas station I still have to go in to get my receipt. Why can't they have a little paper is empty light or something. Seriously I would go to a different pump just for the convenience of not having to remove *I* from his car seat to schlep in for my receipt. I mean it kind of defeats the whole convenience factor, don't you think? (Can you tell this really irritated me this morning? ;) )

Today..I'm thankful...that I went to the grocery store and bought the food I wanted/needed. I could take it for granted, but I don't have to look very far to see people struggling for basics. I know that many people are one paycheck or personal crisis away from hunger and maybe even homelessness. To take a saying from my Mom, "There but by the grace of God go I."

Today...I...opened two e-mails from women with whom I have the privilege of attending MOPS. Both of them expressed to the whole group something that I feel every time I go to MOPS...Thankfulness for the support and friendship. Thankfulness for the knowledge that we can each come as we are on the inside (where we might be feeling stressed and flustered and overwhelmed by life) and on the outside...(where I personally feel like a big ol' pregnant mess and yet these women say how great I look even though they're all polished and beautiful. :)) I love them for stroking my fragile and hormonal ego. ;)

Today...I...am grateful for the wonderful friends I have made and the terrific family I have.

2 comments:

  1. I wonder the same thing about the receipt thing. Can't they at least let me know ahead of time that there is no receipt paper left? Granted, I don't have to schlep a kid out of a car seat, but it's still a pain in the backside if I really want/need that receipt badly enough to get my kid (whining) out of the car and back in again. Most of the time, I just say, "forget it" and either remember the amount or write it down.

    You had some really great thankfuls for today, though. Thanks for sharing!

    --Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having a thankful heart is yet another blessing from a wonderful God! I'm glad you have one, and I'm thankful (lol) that I have one as well! ;)

    ReplyDelete