Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Those Days...


Do you ever have one of those days? No, not the bad, everything is going wrong days. Do you ever have one of those days when at the end of the day you feel refreshed even though you're exhausted... Where everything feels right with the world?


Those days leave me with a deep-down contentedness that gets my attention every time. I actually stop in the midst of the feeling and think, "This is what it's all about." (Not the Hokey Pokey. ;) )


Saturday we didn't do anything special. We went out for lunch. We took a long ride. We grilled...We spent the day together..And before baths and showers, we roasted marshmallows and played outside. It was just the perfect ending to a low-key day...and I was thankful. Thankful for the Husband and the children and the time spent together.


It's so easy to take these little pieces of everyday life for granted. They don't require elaborate planning. They're not flashy. But these days are what life is mostly about, don't you think? I mean we can live life for the big vacation once or twice or however many times a year (which are terrific, don't get me wrong), or we can experience each day as an opportunity to build relationships and experience the simple joys of living.


I forget that sometimes...Appreciating the simple joys. I'm not proud of it. Sometimes I get wrapped up in what isn't happening instead of what is. Not the greatest example for my kids, I know. But, like so many things, I'm working on it.


Thankfully, after a wonderfully simple but joyful day, I am reminded, at least for a little while, of what makes me truly deep-down to the tips of my toes happy.
-Peace

3 comments:

  1. Just living is my favorite thing about life. Those are the times that memories are made for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those days. Everything goes smoothly and you think that's it, that's all worth it. I loved your post

    ReplyDelete