Saturday, March 26, 2011

Do Not

Do not underestimate me.

I may be self-deprecating (to a fault?), but I know what I am capable of.

I grew up hearing, you can do anything you want to do, but here let me help you.

I learned as an adult that I really can do just about anything I set my mind to and I can do it with or without help.

Life is too short and I have many things to accomplish. If I don't have a passion for it, I probably won't get involved.

Please do not misinterpret my humility as fear or timidity. If I'm joking about not wanting to do something or feeling as though I can't (driving the zoom zoom, for instance), it's probably a fly in my ointment that I'd rather not deal with. I can, I just don't feel like it. I guess I'm admitting to being a bit lazy that way. (Kind of like when I pretend I'm sleeping when the baby cries so the Husband will get up with her... Or it's the holdover from my teenage years when I "played dumb" so the boys wouldn't think I was "too smart". Ugh.)

Do not misinterpret my silence and calm for inaction. I think things through quickly and quietly; pros and cons and practicality. I'll take a risk if I think it's worthwhile. I have taken many leaps of faith, but not every leap is worth taking. It's best to know the difference before stepping off the cliff.

The most comforting thing about taking any leap is knowing that I am firmly held in the hands of God as I do so.

I've got a little, "I am woman, hear me roar," going on. ;)

I am a wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend and above all a child of God. I may be quiet and humble. I may joke a little or downplay things. I may be imperfectly human. I am who God made me to be, and knowing that, do you really think it's a good idea to underestimate me?

-Peace (Roar)

2 comments:

  1. Oh it's so hard to balance roaring like a lion and laying down with the Lamb! I still struggle to find the balance of being confident in God's shadow and being a fruit basket filled with love, peace, gentlness, etc... I love that you are finding your voice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. +roar* I have no doubt you are capable of moving mountains.

    ReplyDelete