Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Working Out

Things have a way of working out...unlike me who really needs to make an effort to work out. ;)

Last year I bought the book by the Duggars and in it they tell the story of their daughter wanting a pink blanket but they didn't have any pink blankets and being on a strict budget they couldn't justify buying one when they had many other perfectly good, if not pink, blankets. Well, someone left one in a car they were selling and so there was the desired pink blanket..for free!

I am not that good at sticking to the budget, though I'm getting better. I remember reading the story and thinking, "Really? Buy the blanket!" fast forward to this fall and I had bought Miss M some girly receiving blankets but I just hadn't bought any fleece ones. I couldn't bring myself to spend the money when I had other perfectly good, though blue, blankets.

Guess what?! Three different people gave us beautiful and girly fleece blankets for her. Wow. I wasn't expecting them and I didn't ask for them and I was oh so very appreciative of their thoughtfulness.

Things have a way of working out.

I had plans to cloth diaper Miss M. I have all the supplies and I thought things were going well...until Miss M got a rash which wouldn't go away. I tried everything and finally when I was switching to heavy duty cream to try to get rid of it we switched her to sposies..and I called the ped who told me to try Neosporin to prevent infection...and she got better right away.

That weekend a very kind grandmotherly neighbor stopped by with a case of disposable diapers. In the back of my mind was "we use cloth" but I was thankful and said so and thought, "Wow, now we have lots of diapers and if she outgrows them before she wears them I can donate them."

Miss M went back into cloth diapers which had been stripped and rinsed several times so there was no residue etc..and within a couple of hours, even with being changed as soon as I knew she was wet....she was rashy again. Evidently she has a very delicate behind...she really is a princess. ;) And there sat a free to me case of diapers when I really needed them.

Things have a way of working out.

There are so many times, if I truly think about it, that things work out in ways we could never anticipate.

We intended to live here for one year while the Husband was on internship. Well, after internship ended there was no point in going back to school (long story already explained http://1prayingmom.blogspot.com/2010/04/risk.html..) and we stayed here because he got a "job" offer and there was nowhere else to go home to.

This is our home now. We're building relationships, have a church home we love and cannot imagine living anywhere else.

Things have a way of working out.

I've said it before...God has a plan. Sometimes the plans we make aren't what's best for us, but God knows best. Sometimes things come up to intrude on our plans but God provides. Sometimes God puts people in our path to be His hands and feet when we need a helping hand.

God has a way of working things out.

-Peace

1 comment:

  1. God truly is wonderful at working things out, and we do so much better when we allow Him to work, keeping a positive attitude instead of being bitter at OUR plans being derailed! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete