Saturday, March 20, 2010

Be Content.

This morning I was having a fit of hopelessness. The little realities of life are wearing me down. The van brakes are making noises and it seems like every year we're replacing them (OK, the Husband tells me we don't replace them all each year.) I really don't want to throw more money into that pit..the AC went and we know we're going to need to replace it relatively soon because we're outgrowing it. Boo Hoo. Right? :)

So the frustration of not being able to catch up, let alone get ahead brought me to tears today. Big tears...I want things fixed perfectly, the way I want them fixed RIGHT NOW tears. It wasn't pretty or my most graceful, gracious moment.

Until the brakes started making unpleasant noises, I was perfectly content with waiting for the van to be replaced, even if it meant we wouldn't all fit in one vehicle for a while. But spending more money on this van with no AC (I do not live in a particularly warm climate but still..I might be uncomfortable.) Waaah. Are you crying me a river yet?

In the midst of my pity party..I heard a voice (don't run to your DSM-IV TR..I'm not "hearing voices" like that). The voice said..."Be Content." (No it did not sound like Morgan Freeman.)

Be Content. Reality check...things aren't perfect but we've got everything we need and much of what we want. I am thankful for the blessings I do have. I will work much harder to be content where I am, to bloom where I'm planted, to make the best of it, because that's what I would like my kids to do and what I know should be doing.

Matthew 6:25 "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink or about your body, what you will wear....26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" NIV

-Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment