Sunday, April 10, 2011

It's Funny When...

In the words of Jimmy Buffet, "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

In that spirit here's a list of things that make me chuckle, laugh, smile or remember that we shouldn't sweat the small stuff and it's all small stuff, mostly. ;)

I smile when...

My 3 yo puts his pants on backwards because he likes the pockets to be in the front.

My 6 yo plays the same song over and over and dances around the living room with abandon.

My 9 yo cheers on a player on Jeopardy, on his favorite sports team, or the hero in a movie. His joy of life is contagious, his confidence convincing, his sensitivity touching.

My 7 mo snuggles with my friends, giving them a baby fix and resting my arms...and then she gets extra friendly by grabbing places she really shouldn't.

My 16 yo asks me to take him driving because he wants to spend time with me...and when I laugh and tell him it's "getting deep in here" he looks shocked that I would suggest such a thing.

My 11 yo ponders the mysteries of the world and is not deterred by the laws of physics as we understand them today. His unquenchable creativity is inspiring.

My husband sings and dances with the kiddos. He is the biggest proponent of not sweating small stuff or worrying about things out of our control. Definitely a great influence on me.

I smile when I realize that life is full of blessings large and small. I pray that you find lots of things to smile and laugh about today and every day. You have to laugh otherwise...you know what Jimmy says!

-Peace

1 comment:

  1. Jimmy-- a philosopher for our times. Nice blog and an excellent reminder.

    ReplyDelete