Monday, September 20, 2010

I Have The WorryWarts

Do you ever feel like you're swirling in a huge storm of worries? Right now it feels like everywhere I turn a new issue arises and gets in the line of my worries.

Admittedly, none of them are life-threatening and for that I am immensely grateful.

I also know that the reason I am feeling so overwhelmed by worry and fear, anxious to the extreme is probably hormonal. Miss M is only 3 weeks old so I'm sure I'm feeling a bit of the baby blues, which for me means generalized anxiety.

This morning I remembered the verse from 2 Timothy1:7 in the NKJV as I was wallowing in my worries... "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind."

That verse brought me out of my funk.

I started to think about how often I want another human (usually the Husband) to rescue me from my worries and "fix" whatever is troubling me. This morning I thought about how the only One I can wholly turn to with my worries is God. And I can lay them at His feet...and then here's the tricky part...leave them there. (Yes, if I need to take action, I should, but once I turn the worry over to God, I need to stop obsessing over it.)

I think I need this verse on a plaque, or tattooed on the inside of my eyelids (eew and ouch) so I am constantly reminded of it.

Interestingly, I read something someone else wrote today and they were referencing the same verse. I guess it was on other minds today, with all different sorts of jumping off points.

I needed to read that today, just as I need to seek out people and experiences which remind me that God is in control and doesn't want me to worry or be timid, but to be strong and brave and loving.

-Peace

1 comment: