Saturday, December 24, 2011

Broken but Thankful

See that broken cookie, yeah that's me.  Not in the broken because I am human and by definition all humans are sinful and broken.

Broken because it's been a rough few years and we've been putting a brave face on but today something happened that highlighted how we're keeping life together with paperclips, chewing gum and the stray piece of duct tape.

I cannot express with words how grateful I am to the friends and family and church family who have been carrying us through this but there are times when it gets overwhelming to not be able to just do things as they should be done.

This morning my oldest boy went out with the car.  No problem. Right?  Until the phone rang and the same boys said, "Mom! I was in an accident!"  Want your blood to turn to ice water in your veins?  Get that phone call.  Thank God he is okay.  Shaken up and the car has some damage and he didn't get a ticket BUT...the kicker, the thing that highlights how we're keeping it together (or not so much) is that the reason for the accident is that the car's tires were unsafe.  The Husband was planning to buy new tires next week.  Now not only do we need to buy new tires, we need to come up with the deductible and... we could have lost our son.

God provides.  He watched over our son and kept him safe. He has provided for us through the tough times and continuing tough times.  I always say God has a plan and we don't always know or understand. I just wish...I wish that His plans were a little more in line with mine, with what I think of as normal.

I am thankful for all God has done for us and I will praise Him through it all.  Can you do me a favor?  Can you just pray for our family?  It would mean a great deal.

Lord, as we prepare to welcome Your son, I am thankful I still have all of mine here with me.  Thank You!

Merry Christmas from one broken but praying mom.

-Peace

2 comments:

  1. I just stumbled across your blog and wanted to say thanks, I needed that!

    Just Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayed for you just now. God always has the last word in life's difficult problems. Hold on in faith!!

    ReplyDelete